About the Event:
Indonesia is working towards ambitious targets of over 9MW of geothermal development by 2025. Despite some perception of challenging project execution, in the past year, Indonesia’s government has taken yet more steps to improve conditions for project development, with the Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources increasing the guaranteed rate for geothermal resources to between USD 0.10/kWh and USD 0.17/kWh, and the Ministry of Forestry significantly relaxing land constraints. This move will alert investors, whilst demonstrating the government’s continuing drive to maximise the enormous geothermal potential in their long term plans.
Meanwhile, the Philippines currently has 785MW of geothermal contracts out, and new projects are commencing construction for the first time in years.
With such a backdrop, the World GeoPower Markets: Indonesia & The Philippines, organized by Green Power Conferences to be held at Jakarta, Indonesia, on June 18-19, would serve as a crucial Asian edition of the hugely successful World GeoPower Markets Series.
The 2nd Annual GeoPower Indonesia & Philippines 2013 will pack into two-days the critical discussions and valuable networking opportunities that are vital to advancing a company’s standing in the Indonesian and Filipino geothermal industries.
This is the 13th event in the World GeoPower Series, which has seen over 1000 international geothermal players from 46 countries attend events in the USA, France, Italy, Germany, Turkey and Mexico.
ThinktoSustain.com is the Media Partner for the event.
Besides the usual exhibition, panel discussions, etc., the event would also host a complimentary hour-long Webinar to discuss some of the key topics affecting geothermal power development in Indonesia. This webinar will explore the role that international companies can play in the growth of this exciting industry, as well as overcoming the barriers to entry to the market.
- Meet and influence key policy figures central to the growth of the geothermal sector
- Only conference focused specifically on the second and third largest geothermal markets: maximise your presence in the world’s most exciting geothermal region
- Address crucial challenges of streamlining project development, including land tendering and PPAs
- Be the first to hear about forthcoming project opportunities
- Hear developer case studies first hand and learn from their experiences – what makes a successful project?
- Make the local and international partnerships that will consolidate your business’ standing in Indonesia and the Philippines
- Focus on the factors that will make your project attractive to investors
- Latest addition to the highly successful Global Geopower Series
- Triharyo Soesilo, Executive Managing Officer, Supreme Energy
- Bret Mattes, President Director & Chief Executive Officer, OTP Geothermal
- Fazil Alfitri, President Director, Medco Power
- Roger Buendia, Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, Philippine National Oil Company Renewables Corp
- Soritaon Siregar, President Director, Indonesia Investment Agency (PIP)
- Dewi Putriatni, Head of Energy & Mineral Resource Department, East Java Provincial Government
- Gilles Pascual, Head of Power and Renewables Asia, HSBC
- Herman Darnel Ibrahim, Board Member, National Energy Council of Indonesia
- Brad Sterley, Global Head, Clean Energy Project & Export Finance, Standard Chartered Bank
- Alex Smillie, Vice President, Geothermal Operations, Star Energy
- Sjaiful Bahri, Country Manager – Indonesia, Panax Geothermal
- Noldy Tuerah, Head of Planning Board, North Sulawesi Provincial Government
- Edi Suhanto, Head of Co-operation, Center for Geological Resources, Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources
- Francisco G. Delfin Jr., President, Maibarara Geothermal, Inc.
- Hezy Ram, Chief Executive Officer, Ram Energy
- Thorsten Schneider, Senior Project Manager, KfW
- Djoni Djulkifli, President Commissioner, Jabar Rekind Geothermal
- Jeff Ponsness, Senior ICT & Finance Advisor, Partnership International
- Agung Wicaksono, Special Assistant, President’s Delivery Unit for Development Monitoring and Oversight (UKP4)
- Donald Leger, Geothermal Program Director, Siemens
- Paul Heinemann, Vice President, New Business Asia, DEG
- Taufan Surana, Researcher, BPPT
- Luluk Sumiarso, Chairman, Indonesia Clean Energy Institute
- Edi Setiawan, Senior Researcher, Bank of Indonesia
- Shinta Kamdani, Managing Director, Sintesa Group
- William MacDonald, Manager, US Technical Services, Timet
- Matteo Quaia, Geothermal Engineer, Exergy
- Alex Richter, Marketing & Communications Manager, Green Energy Group
- Edward McCartin, Director, Asia Renewables
- Eirikur Bragason, Chief Technical Officer, Orka Energy
- Halley Dickey, Director, Geothermal Business Development, TAS
- Atsuo Ito, Senior Manager, Optical Fiber Sensing Dept., New Field Development Center, Yokogawa