About the Event:
Asia Energy Security Summit is the only Track II Diplomacy Initiative where energy experts from across the globe come together and discuss critical strategies, policies and geopolitical aspects related to energy security for the region. The Summit focuses on geopolitics of energy, energy security, transnational electricity trade and security of energy infrastructure.
The 4th Asia Energy Security Summit, organized by the Independent Power Producers Association of India (IPPAI) and scheduled to be held in Colombo, Sri Lanka, from February 26-28, 2014, shall discuss trends in the global energy markets, identify prospects and develop solutions along with policy makers, industry captains and academic fore-runners in the energy community. The Summit shall look at answers to questions regarding the impact of emergence of shale gas, long term importers of gas turning self-sufficient or even net exporters while also discussing the geopolitics of energy and security of energy infrastructure.
ThinktoSustain.com is the ‘Media Partner’ for the event.
The event aims to address the following issues:
- With the resurgence of oil and gas, there has been an upgrade of the global gas resources. How will this affect the global gas markets?
- How will the more diverse regional availability of competitive gas change the gas market in certain key regions?
- How will the markets change if some of the countries long assumed as long-term importers of gas emerge as self-sufficient or even as exporters?
- What role will coal play in Asia’s energy mix?
- What are the other alternatives to achieving Energy Security?
Key Topics of the Event:
Some of the key topics of discussion for this year include:
- The Food, Water and Energy Nexus
- Energy Security & Geopolitics of Energy
- Transnational Trade of Electricity – Connecting Tajikistan to Singapore
- Central Asia – Energy Dynamics of a Land-locked Region
- Renewable Energy – Opportunities & Challenges
- Pipeline and Pipelines Politics – Role of Russia and Its Inevitable Dominance
- The Shale Revolution and Its Impact on Global Prices
- Iran’s Return into the Oil Game
- China’s Energy Strategy
Click here for Event Agenda.
- Mr. Hilal Raza, Director SAARC Energy Center, Islamabad
- Mr. G. Parthasarathy, Former Ambassador of India to U.S. and Cyprus
- Mr. Khondkar Abdus Saleque, Technical Advisor – Policy, Mining & Gas, Ministry of Mines & Petroleum, Afghanistan
- Mr. Dong Manyuan, Vice President, China Institute of International Studies, China
- Dr. Sameena Hameed, Assistant Professor, Gulf Studies Program, India Arab Cultural Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia University, New Delhi
- Ms. Sudha Mahalingam, Former member, Petroleum and Natural Gas Regulatory Board, India
- Mr. A. R. Samadi, CEO, Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS), Afghanistan
- Chance to discuss trends in the global energy markets, identify prospects and develop solutions along with policy makers, industry captains and academic fore-runners in the energy community
- Opportunity to hear from and discuss major forthcoming issues with experts from across the globe
- Networking opportunity with the heads of Industry and Governments from various parts of Asia
- Hear from technical and energy experts will give the emerging trends in the Asian markets
- One to one business meetings with top level attendees
Who Should Attend?
- Government Authorities
- Policymakers from Energy Ministries
- Decision Makers
- Senior Diplomats
- Head of Industries
- Technical & Energy Experts