NextEra Energy delivers strong financial performance.
- The company generated a total shareholder return of 271 percent for the 10 years ended December 31, 2013, nearly triple the 104 percent recorded by the S&P 500 Index over that period.
- During that same period, NextEra Energy generated an 8.2 percent compound annual growth rate in dividends per share.
NextEra Energy provides these accomplishments and a variety of other data at www.NextEraEnergy.com/crr, a dynamic destination for laptop, tablet and mobile users. The site contains video vignettes, photo galleries and dozens of detailed corporate responsibility and sustainability metrics disclosed using the widely accepted Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) guidelines and methodology.
NextEra Energy’s emphasis on corporate responsibility and sustainability dates back decades. FPL was one of the first electric utilities in the United States to form an environmental department, and in the mid-1970s began reporting on its environmental performance on a regular basis. Over the past year alone, NextEra Energy has been named:
- No. 1 for the eighth year in a row in Fortune magazine’s list of World’s Most Admired Companies in the electric and gas utilities sector, an achievement unprecedented in that sector.
- No. 1 “green utility” in the United States and No. 3 in the world based on carbon emissions and renewable energy capacity, according to the second annual report of its kind from EI New Energy;
- Best Sustainability Practice across all sectors and best Investor Relations program in the utility sector by IR Magazine;
- A World’s Most Ethical Company® by the Ethisphere Institute for the seventh time; and
- One of the nation’s leading companies for diversity five straight years by HispanicBusiness Inc.
Check the following link to read/download the Full Report:
Source: NextEra Energy.
* Environmental Attributes: The environmental attributes of NextEra Energy Resources’ electric generating facilities, such as renewable energy credits, emissions reductions, offsets, allowances and the avoided emission of greenhouse gas pollutants, have been or likely will be sold or transferred to third parties, who are solely entitled to the reporting rights to any federal, state, foreign or voluntary emissions trading program and to ownership of such environmental attributes.
About NextEra Energy, Inc.
NextEra Energy, Inc. (NYSE: NEE) is a leading clean energy company with consolidated revenues of approximately $ 15.1 billion, approximately 42,500 megawatts of generating capacity, and approximately 13,900 employees in 26 states and Canada as of year-end 2013. Headquartered in Juno Beach, Florida, NextEra Energy’s principal subsidiaries are Florida Power & Light Company, which serves approximately 4.7 million customer accounts in Florida and is one of the largest rate-regulated electric utilities in the United States, and NextEra Energy Resources, LLC, which, together with its affiliated entities, is the largest generator in North America of renewable energy from the wind and sun. Through its subsidiaries, NextEra Energy generates clean, emissions-free electricity from eight commercial nuclear power units in Florida, New Hampshire, Iowa and Wisconsin. NextEra Energy has been recognized often by third parties for its efforts in sustainability, corporate responsibility, ethics and compliance, and diversity. For more information, visit www.NextEraEnergy.com.