- UPS My Choice and UPS Smart Pickup – More than 9 million consumers have signed up for UPS My Choice and more than 100,000 registered for UPS Smart Pickup. These online services adjust delivery and pickup dates or locations, providing convenience and avoiding unnecessary miles of driving (and greenhouse gases) associated with unsuccessful delivery attempts.
- Validated Carbon Neutral Shipping – UPS carbon neutral shipping allows customers in an easy, low-cost way to offset carbon emissions associated with shipping packages, documents, cargo or freight to any location across the globe. UPS’s carbon calculation methodology is certified by The CarbonNeutral Company and verified by Societe Generale de Surveillance (SGS); offsets include tree planting and bio-methane capture projects that benefit the environment directly.
More Resilient Global Communities through Humanitarian Aid
UPS provides financial support to thousands of non-profit organizations that help communities become safer, more environmentally aware and more prepared to withstand and respond to disasters. In 2013, UPS in-kind and cash support donations for humanitarian relief totalled US $ 7.5 million, enabling 250 humanitarian shipments across 46 countries, including:
- Pledging US $ 1 million to humanitarian relief funding to aid Typhoon Haiyan relief efforts in the Philippines and donated 15,000 pounds of medicines and medical equipment and 20,000 tarps to cover roofs of severely damaged homes.
- Transporting in-kind more than 860,000 pounds of food, supplies and winter clothing for Syrian refugee support, including a UPS relief flight that carried 220,000 pounds of this emergency aid (food, water, health and sanitation kits) to Iraq to help displaced children and families.
- Improving the tracking capabilities for emergency relief supplies at the world’s largest refugee camp in Dadaab, Kenya.
- Helping Superstorm Sandy victims continue to recover economically and rebuild homes in 2013 following US $ 1.75 million in funds and in-kind support.
- Granting US $ 460,000 to raise awareness among Turkish small business owners in Istanbul, Turkey, about disaster risks, how to prepare for them and how to respond.
Check the following link to read/download the Full Report:
UPS (NYSE: UPS) is a global leader in logistics, offering a broad range of solutions including the transportation of packages and freight, the facilitation of international trade and the deployment of advanced technology to more efficiently manage the world of business. UPS is committed to operating more sustainably – for customers, the environment and the communities they serve around the world. Headquartered in Atlanta, UPS serves more than 220 countries and territories worldwide. For more information, visit www.ups.com.