About the Event:
TERI-BCSD’s annual flagship event – “Leadership Summit for Sustainable Development” – will be held on the 29th October 2013, at Hotel Trident, Bandra Kurla Complex, Mumbai.
Held so far a day before annual Delhi Sustainable Development Summit (DSDS) since 2004, the ‘11th World CEO Sustainability Summit’ has now been re-christened as ‘Leadership Summit for Sustainable Development’ , and would be held this year with the theme – “Mainstreaming Sustainability in Business Planning and Practice”. This transition is expected to bring in sharper business focus and participation.
The summit proceedings will commence with an inaugural session, followed by a luncheon where Dr. R. K. Pachauri, President TERI-BCSD, will welcome Mr. Ton Buchner, CEO and Chairman of the Board and Executive Committee of AkzoNobel for sharing his thoughts.
The summit will conclude with a CEO Panel on ‘Sustainable Innovation – The Business Imperatives’ moderated by Mr. Martin Wright, Founding Editor – Green Future, Forum for the Future, UK. The distinguished panelists for this discussion are Ms. Naina Lal Kidwai, Group General Manager and Country Head of HSBC India, Mr. R. Mukundan, Managing Director, Tata Chemicals Ltd., Mr. Rana Kapoor, Chairman, YES BANK Ltd. and Mr. Prasad Chandran, Chairman, BASF Companies in India & Head South Asia. The Cocktail Reception and Dinner which will follow, will offer an opportunity to network with peers and industry colleagues.
ThinktoSustain.com is the Media Partner for the event.
Who Should Attend?
The Summit aims to bring together Indian and global business leaders, policy makers and thought leaders from all around the world to deliberate the challenges faced by businesses in the context of mainstreaming environmental and social sustainability in their business strategy.
1. Inaugural Session: Mainstreaming Sustainability in Business Planning and Practices
2. Disclosure and Transparency: Towards an Integrated and Holistic Approach to Sustainability
3. Special Luncheon Session: Mainstreaming Sustainability in Business Planning and Practices
4. Corporate Social Responsibilities – The Changing Paradigm
5. Implementing Sustainable Development in Business – The Practitioners Perspective
- CSOs: The Rise of a New Leadership Imperative
- Reporting the CSO Forum 2012-13
- Formal Report Launches
- Moderated Open Discussion
6. Innovating for Sustainable Development – The Business Imperatives
- High-level CEO Panel discussion
- Dr. R. K. Pachauri, President, TERI-BCSD & Director General, TERI
- Jonathan Porritt, Founder, Forum for the Future, U.K.
- Bruno Lafont, Chairman and CEO, Lafarge
- Richard Sandor, Chairman and CEO, Environment Financial Products LLC, Chicago, Illinois
- Peter Bakker, President, World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD), Switzerland
- Arun Maira, Member Planning Commission
- Annapurna Vancheswaran, Director, Sustainable Development Outreach Division, TERI
- Bhaskar Chatterjee, DG and CEO, Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs
- Dipankar Sanyal, CEO, TERI-BCSD
- Arun Seth, Chairman, BT India & Alcatel-Lucent India and Vice Chairman, TERI-BCSD
- Nitin Desai, Chairman, TERI-BCSD and Former UN Under-Secretary General
- Pramath Raj Sinha, Founder and Managing Director, 9dot9 media
- Christof Ruehl, Group Chief Economist, BP
- Amit Jain, Managing Director & Director India, AkzoNobel
- R. Mukudan, Managing Director, TATA Chemicals
- Ajit Gulabchand, Chairman and Managing Director, HCC Ltd.
- Prasad Chandran, Chairman, BASF India & South Asia
Click here to check registration details and to register for the event.
About the Organizers:
TERI-Business Council for Sustainable Development is an independent and credible platform for corporate leaders to address issues related to sustainable development and promote leadership in environmental management, social responsibility, and economic performance.
With TERI’s globally acclaimed leadership in the areas of its work on sustainable development and climate change for four decades, TERI-Business Council for Sustainable Development leverages TERI’s knowledge base and professional expertise for the business community in India. Over the years, in partnership with World Business Council for Sustainable Development (WBCSD), TERI-BCSD has been helping Indian Business to adopt environmentally and socially responsible business strategy and planning. For more information, visit http://bcsd.teri.res.in/.