About the Conclave:
The India Climate Policy and Business Conclave is India’s flagship event in the carbon market space, organized by the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) in partnership with the Ministry of Environment & Forests (MoEF), Government of India, The Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) and The World Bank. The Conclave is supported by GIZ India and International Emissions Trading Association (IETA).
The India Climate Policy and Business Conclave 2013 will be held on September 18-20, 2013 at FICCI Federation House in New Delhi.
The Conclave was launched by FICCI in November 2007 as the “India Carbon Market Conclave”, but has been rechristened as “India Climate Policy & Business Conclave” this year to lay stress on corporate initiatives, global case studies and successful projects that have galvanized action at the industry and corporate level. The focus on business and corporate initiatives this year will display the broad character and content of the platform.
The Conclave would also include a Curtain Raiser and Exhibition as well.
ThinktoSustain.com is the Media Partner for the event.
- To focus on global and domestic policy issues that provide context for businesses to engage in GHG mitigation initiatives and provide facilitating framework for channeling technology and finance for corporate sector to effectively address climate change issues
- To bring focus on the role of businesses and opportunities that business and industry can harness to mitigate climate change at the same time showcasing corporate initiatives, globally and from India
- To provide a platform for businesses to interact with carbon market, climate policy and climate finance stakeholders to explore potential partnerships for climate change related projects
- To bring focus on actions at the state-level and sensitising business and industry on the role they play in climate change strategies and actions in various states in India
- Global Climate Change Negotiations: Current State of Play
- Climate Finance
- Domestic Finance and Fiscal Initiatives
- Domestic Market Mechanisms & Future of Carbon Markets
- South-South Co-operation
- Business Perspectives on Climate Change and Emerging Global Regime
Curtain Raiser Event – Session Themes:
- State Action Plans on Climate Change
- Domestic Initiatives in Cities and States
- Global Initiatives in Cities and States
- Role of Business & Industry
- Banks and Financial Institutions
- Brokerage Firms
- CDM Project Developers
- Carbon Credit Buyers & Consultants, Validators, Verifiers
- Carbon Market Advisory Firms
- Credit Rating Agencies
- Central and State Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies
- Carbon Market Exchanges
- Carbon Market Research / Communications / Media Firms
- Industry Associations
- Multilateral and Bilateral Agencies
- Municipal Corporations and Other Urban Local Bodies
- Legal Firms
- Potential Project Proponents
- Renewable Energy Companies
- Technology and Equipment Suppliers