Pasadena, California – Avery Dennison Corporation, a global leader in labeling and packaging materials and solutions, published its new sustainability report in September on its website.
The report, titled “Our Pursuit: More Innovative, More Sustainable”, adheres to Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Guidelines and details the company’s progress in 2011 and 2012 toward its goals for environmental, social and financial sustainability.
As the report demonstrates, Avery Dennison is working with a wide range of its stakeholders to develop products and processes that help not only the company but also its customers, suppliers and other stakeholders reduce their environmental footprints, achieve socially responsible employment practices, and participate as a global corporate citizen in communities worldwide.
“Our vision is to help make brands more inspiring and the world more intelligent – and to do so in ways that enhance the world we live in,” said Dean Scarborough, Avery Dennison Chairman, President and CEO. “We’re making good progress toward our goals, but as we improve, we’re also discovering how much more we can contribute.”
Among the company’s results for 2011-2012:
- Avery Dennison now diverts 80 percent of its manufacturing waste from landfills, with 68 percent of diverted waste recycled and 16 percent converted to fuel.
- Modified product development processes helped the company meet customer requirements regarding restricted substances, human rights and product certifications as well as reduce environmental impact.
- The company implemented a responsible paper sourcing policy, and in 2013 launched a new portfolio of label materials that use Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)-certified paper.
- Worldwide workplace safety results continued to be far better than the U.S. general manufacturing average. Two-thirds of company-owned and -operated facilities were injury-free during 2011 and 2012.
- The company participated in 160 customer audits of manufacturing facilities in 2011 and 2012, with the average number of findings per audit declining by nearly two-thirds from 2010.
- The Avery Dennison Foundation more than tripled its investment in emerging markets between 2010 and 2012, donating a total of $ 2.2 million.
Scarborough noted that the company plans to set new long-term targets that will include goals for the sourcing and composition of its main materials – paper and petroleum-based resins and chemicals – in addition to higher goals for energy, greenhouse gas emissions, waste and workplace safety.
“We are passionate in our belief that we can make a difference for all of our stakeholders,” Scarborough said.
Check the following link to read/download the Full Report:
Source: Avery Dennison.
About Avery Dennison
Avery Dennison (NYSE:AVY) is a global leader in labeling and packaging materials and solutions. The company’s applications and technologies are an integral part of products used in every major market and industry. With operations in more than 50 countries and more than 26,000 employees worldwide, Avery Dennison serves customers with insights and innovations that help make brands more inspiring and the world more intelligent. Headquartered in Pasadena, California, the company reported sales from continuing operations of $ 6 billion in 2012. For more information, visit www.averydennison.com.