Corporate Sustainability is emerging as an integral part of the business policies worldwide rather than a stand-alone business mandate. Indian businesses are increasingly taking up corporate sustainability initiatives as it makes good business sense for them in the long run.
The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), as the voice of Indian business and industry, launched its annual flagship event – India Sustainability Conclave – in March 2012 in New Delhi. The second edition of the event – India Sustainability Conclave 2013 (ISC 2013) – is scheduled to be held on February 25-26, 2013, at FICCI, Federation House, Tansen Marg, New Delhi.
Moving on from addressing questions such as “Is Policy a Catalyst or Imperative for Corporate Sustainability?” and “Whether Sustainability Reporting is Fashionable?” to new dimensions like incentivising sustainability through policy, making reporting a value added proposition, and achieving critical balance between growth and sustainability, ISC 2013 promises to make the dialogue more vibrant and the outcomes more recommendatory and meaningful. The Conclave would also deepen the discussions on areas of external interface for businesses through the supply chain imperative, building external relations through stakeholder engagement, and driving sustainability from the top.
The Conclave focuses on corporate environmental sustainability – challenges that corporate face in addressing sustainability, the enablers that will help address these challenges, and the opportunities that they can harness by aligning their business goals in a sustainability paradigm.
ThinktoSustain.com is the Media Partner for the event.
India Sustainability Conclave 2013 will be a knowledge, networking and capacity building platform which will address key issues of sustainability for businesses including:
- Providing direction on how businesses can integrate sustainability into their overall business strategy and for its penetration to their entire value chain
- Providing multi-dimensional solutions by focusing on a tripartite approach towards addressing sustainability, viz., challenges, opportunities and enablers for corporate sustainability
- Capacity Building to equip organizations with necessary skills
- Enabling business-to-business linkages and exchanging innovative thought processes
- Providing an annual platform for knowledge sharing, discussing best practices and policy recommendations
- Incentivizing Sustainability through Policy Framework
- CSR Provisions in the Companies Bill: Implications for Corporate Sustainability
- Making Sustainability Reporting a Value Add
- Financing Sustainability: A Lender’s Perspective
- Driving Sustainability from the Top: CEO’s Perspective
- Sustainability of the Supply Chain
- Making Business Decisions Inclusive through Stakeholder Engagement
- Achieving the Critical Balance between Growth and Sustainability
List of Speakers:
- Dr. Mihir Shah, Member, Planning Commission
- Dr. Prodipto Ghosh, Chairman, FICCI Climate Change Task Force
- Mr. Dipak Dasgupta, Principal Economic Advisor, Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance, Government of India
- Mr. P. S. Narayan, Vice President and Head – Sustainability, Wipro Ltd.
- Mr. R. R. Rashmi, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Environment & Forests, GoI
- Mr. Kolluru Krishan, Chairman, Malavalli Power Projects Pvt. Ltd.
- Mr. B. Dhal, Executive Director, SAIL
- Mr. Manoj Kumar, Joint Secretary, Ministry of Corporate Affairs, GoI
- Mr. Vijay Chadda, CEO, Bharti Foundation
- Mr. Peter G H ter Weeme, Principal, Junxion Strategy
- Ms. Poonam Madan, Group Head – Sustainability & Inclusion, Financial Technologies Group
- Mr. L. Rajasekar, Executive President, Ultratech Cement
- Ms. Deeksha Vats, Associate Director – Sustainability & Climate Change, PwC
- Mr. Harsh Pati Singhania, Past President – FICCI, Managing Director – JK Paper Ltd.
- Mr. Ashwin Shroff, CMD, Excel Industries Ltd.
- Mr. Devin Narang, Managing Director (co-generation), Sindicatum Sustainable Resource
- Mr. Pranshu Singhal, India Environmental Manager, Nokia India Private Limited
- Mr. Mahesh Babu, Managing Director,, IL&FS Environmental & Infrastructure Services Ltd.
- Mr. Venkatachalam Iyer, Deputy Managing Director & Group Executive of Mid Corporate, State Bank of India
- Mr. Khawar Iqbal, Director(Projects & Export Finance), HSBC Securities & Capital
- Mr. Raj Pai, Managing Director, Global Environment Fund Advisors (I) Pvt. Ltd.
- Mr. V. Saibaba, Chairman – FICCI Solar Energy Task Force & CEO-Lanco Solar
- Mr. Rakesh Bakshi, Chairman & Managing Director, RRB Energy Ltd.
- Mr. Venu Nair, Managing Director, Marks & Spencer Reliance India Pvt. Ltd.
- Mr. R. Shankar, Senior Director – Corporate Sustainability, SHE, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd.
- Mr. Ishteyaque Amjad, Director Corporate Affairs, Cargill India Private Limited
- Ms. Aloka Majumdar, Head – Corporate Sustainability, HSBC India
- Mr. Krishan Dhawan, CEO, Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation
- Dr. Narendra Hosabettu, Sr. Vice President – Corporate Environment & Sustainability, Mumbai International Airport Pvt. Ltd.
Who Should Attend?
- Indian and Multinational Companies Across Sectors
- Cleantech Technology Suppliers
- Project Developers and Consultants
- Environment Service Providers
- Financial Institutions
- Consulting Companies
- Government Organizations
- Bilateral and Multilateral Agencies
- Academic and Research Organizations
- Certification Bodies
- Carbon Advisory and Consulting Companies
- Industry Associations
- Enviro-Legal Firms
- Urban Local Bodies