About the Conclave:
India is increasingly focusing its attention towards adoption and internalization of sustainability into corporate practices. Since the past two years, there has been a regulatory push towards integrating sustainability practices with business strategy in order to increase accountability and to make businesses responsible towards their stakeholders. Indian businesses are increasingly taking up corporate sustainability initiatives as they are realizing that it makes good business sense for them in the long run. Therefore, they are focusing on integrating sustainability into their long term approach towards business rather than treating it as a stand-alone mandate.
The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI), as the voice of Indian business and industry, launched its annual flagship event – India Sustainability Conclave – in March 2012 in New Delhi. The Conclave acts as a platform for brainstorming on how businesses can find solutions and approaches for companies to start looking at sustainability as an integral concept and to internalize it in their day to day operations. It is not only a platform for knowledge sharing on trends and practices in corporate sustainability, but also a forum for highlighting sustainability opportunities for businesses and addressing the various challenges facing them.
The third edition of the event – India Sustainability Conclave 2014 – is scheduled to be held on February 4-5, 2014 in FICCI, Federation House, Tansen Marg, New Delhi. This year the Conclave will focus on sustainability reporting, supply chains, sustainable financing, relationship between CSR and sustainability, global trends and outlook on corporate sustainability and sustainability as a business excellence mantra. The Conclave promises to make the dialogue more vibrant and the outcomes more recommendatory and meaningful. It will be a topical brainstorming platform with knowledge, networking and capacity building as additional take-aways for addressing key issues around business sustainability.
The Conclave aims at addressing three critical questions focused on internalizing sustainability in a corporate matrix:
- WHY must Businesses embrace sustainability?
- WHAT are Businesses currently doing and what do they need to do to become environmentally sustainable?
- HOW can Businesses implement sustainable practices?
ThinktoSustain.com is the ‘Media Partner’ for the event.
The event will have the following objectives:
- Suggesting policy directions that will create an enabling environment to provide incentives for companies to engage in sustainability
- Highlighting sustainability opportunities and proposing a solutions note for addressing challenges faced by companies
- Sharing national and international best practices and case studies
- Recommending mechanisms to incentivize companies that are ahead in the sustainability curve
- Providing a platform for stakeholders to engage with each other and create a business interface
- Global Trends in Corporate Sustainability
- CSR and Sustainability: What is the Relationship?
- Sustainable Supply Chains: Securing Long Term Business Viability
- The Future of Sustainability Reporting
- Sustainability: The New Business Excellence Mantra
- Responsible Investment: A Lenders’ Perspective
- Outlook for Corporate Sustainability in India
Check the following link for detailed Event Agenda.
Who Should Attend?
The Conclave will bring together diverse stakeholders from –
- Academia/Training Associations
- Bilateral/Multilateral Organizations
- Foreign Embassies
- Engineering Solutions Providers
- Financial Institutions/Banks
- Industry Sectors
- Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs)
- Research Institutes
- Retail Services
- Businesses Engaged in Sustainability Services
- Traders/Commodity Exchange
- Civil Society
- International Community