(Avail to Special Discount of 10% by using the code TTS10 when registering.)
In the last year alone, USD 2.1 billion was invested in clean energy in Mexico, with 86% allocated to wind power. Mexico is now set to play a leading role in Latin America’s rapid wind energy growth with ambitious targets already in place. Mexico’s wind power industry is working to install up to 3GW of wind power generation by 2014, six times more than the 0.5GW currently online, according to industry leaders. The government is launching a range of economic incentives to breathe life into Mexico’s huge wind potential and a large number of projects are already underway.
In this back-drop, Wind Power Mexico Conference, scheduled to be held from May 11-13, offers a unique chance to wind energy developers, utilities and operators to meet policy makers, biggest international financial institutions and major manufactures, and to network specifically with stakeholders of this expanding market – to discuss how to drive this dynamic market forward and the policies and legislation that need to be put in place to ensure its continued growth.
Wind Power Mexico is organized by Green Power Conferences, U.K., and is officially fully supported by AMDEE – The Mexican Wind Energy Association, which promotes the creation and development of wind energy in Mexico. ThinktoSustain.com is the ‘Online Knowledge Partner’ for the event.
Key Speakers at Wind Power Mexico:
- Miguel Angel Alonso, Director General, Acciona Windpower
- Francisco Salazar Diez de Sollano, President, Energy Regulatory Commission (CRE)
- David Munoz, General Director, Baja California Energy Commission
- Leopoldo Rodriguez, President, AMDEE
- José Guadalupe Osuna Millán, Governor, Baja California
- Frank Thiel, Vice President and Regional General Manager – Mexico, Intergen
- Nicola Melchiotti, Country Manager Mexico, Enel Green Power
- María Teresa Crespo, Mexican Carbon Fund (FOMECAR)
- José Antonio Aguilar Bueno, Deputy General Director of Investment Bank, Nacional Financiera (NAFIN)
- Marc Rics, Vice President, Goldman Sachs
- Eduardo Andrade, Corporate Director for Latin America, Iberdrola
- Juan Mata Sandoval, General Director, Ministry of Environment & Natural Resources (Semarnat)
- Claudia Hernández, Director of Energy and Environment, Ministry of Energy Mexico SENER
- Thomas Mueller, Acting Country Manager, EDF Energies Nouvelles, Mexico
- Rafael Alcalde, Commercial Leader Latin America and Western USA, GE Energy
- Adrian Katzew, Director Mexico, Central America & Caribbean, Vestas Wind Power
Conference Key Topics:
- Policy Framework, Regulatory Mechanisms and Government Support
- The CFE’s Role in the Future of Mexican Wind Energy
- Planning Transmission Infrastructure
- Wind Resource Across Mexico: Identifying Opportunity
- Public Sector Support for Investment: What Can it Offer and How Can You Get It?
- Private Finance for Mexican Wind Projects
- Supplying California’s Renewable Energy Appetite: Expediting Potential Expansion
- Violent Weather Turbine Technology
Contractual Best Practice: A World-Class Briefing for the Mexican Market
The event also offers an exclusive half-day Pre-Conference Briefing on Wednesday, May 11, in addition to the full two-day conference. The briefing will be led by the following industry experts:
- Dino Barajas, Partner, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld
- Rafael Alcalde, Commercial Leader Latin America and Western USA / Licensing Manager Wind Products, GE Wind
- David Jimenez Romero, Partner, Jimenez Romero y Asociados, S.C.
- Benjamin Velazquez, Director & Head of Latin America – Global Infrastructure Investments, Scotia Capital
- Sean McCoy-Cador, General Counsel, Iberdrola (Mexico)
- Cheryl Edleson Hanway, Principal Investment Officer – Infrastructure Department, IFC – World Bank Group
Who Should Attend?
- National and local government officials and regulators;
- Key utilities;
- Wind farm owners/operators/project developers;
- Transmission system operators, planners and authorities;
- Wind power integrators and installers;
- Wind technology developers and manufacturers;
- Wind power technology research and development companies;
- Investors – venture capitalists, private equity firms and institutional investors;
- Risk management companies;
- Legal experts & consultants;
- Energy analysts, environmental and engineering consultants; etc.
For general enquiries, please contact:
Green Power Conferences, U.K.
Call: +44(0)20 7099 0600
Conference URL: www.greenpowerconferences.com/windpowermexico