Over the last decade, Portugal has built a strong national economy around its rich wind power resources, now possessing the second largest share of wind power per capita in the world. At a time of economic downturn, the Portuguese wind sector has continued to propel forwards, with an ambitious 2020 target of 6900 MW and the launch of innovative offshore pilot projects.
With a new government at the helm, the industry stands at a pivotal moment. It is now more important than ever for confidence in Portuguese wind to be driven forward to consolidate support and stimulate new investment.
The annual Wind Power Portugal conference aims to assemble the most influential individuals and organizations in the Portuguese wind industry, along with European Ministers and global investors, to address the issues and drive forward the future of Portuguese wind development. ThinktoSustain.com is the Online Knowledge Partner for the event.
- Accessing Project Finance: Which organizations are currently investing? What financing options are available? Can long term investment be stimulated?
- Continuation of the Feed-in Tariff: At what level will the tariff be secured? Will this lead to sustainable project financing?
- Overcoming Long Project Lead-in Times: How can the issue of insufficient grid connection points be resolved? Can the permitting process be made simpler?
- Examining Increasing Environmental Concerns: Will tensions increase as the onshore market further matures? What are the key environmental concerns?
- Cross-Country Grid Interconnection: How best to create a balancing market with Europe and North Africa? Can voltage issues be resolved with Spain?
- Cutting Edge Developments in Offshore Wind Pilots: Can 500 MW of installed capacity be achieved by 2019?
- Pedro Cabral, Advisor to the Secretary of State for Energy, Portuguese Government
- Clara Braga da Costa, Member of the Board, Inovcapital
- Helder Baptista, Investment Director & Business Development, Formeinvest
- Antonio Messias, Executive Director, ACE InovGrid, EDP Distribuicao
- Vitor Tomas, Director, Order and Conduct, EDP Distribuicao
- Arthur Trindale, Director, Costs and Tariffs, Energy Services Regulatory Authority (ERSE)
- Ana Estanqueiro, Research Analyst, Offshore Wind, LNEG
- José Carlos Matos, Head of Wind Energy Group, Energy and Environment Unit, Institute of Mechanical Engineering and Industrial Management (INEGI)
- Wind farm owners/operators
- Wind project developers
- Wind power integrators and installers
- Wind technology developers and manufacturers – wind turbine manufacturers, wind component manufacturers
- Transmission system operators, planners and reliability authorities
- Finance sector – finance directors and venture capitalists
- Government and regulators
- Wind power technology research and development companies
- Law firms
- Energy analysts, environmental, engineering consultants and industry press
About Green Power Conferences:
Founded in 2003, Green Power Conferences are the first company to create independent, professional events for the renewable energy and sustainability markets. They specialize in renewable energy and produce a broad portfolio of events for the wind, solar, biofuels, biomass, biogas, geothermal, ocean energy and climate finance markets. These events are high quality business networking events that provide strategic business intelligence and connect industry, government and investors and the create micro-market places for utilities, developers, investors, suppliers and policy makers to meet, do business and develop partnerships. For more information, visit www.greenpowerconferences.com.
Click here to fill the Online Registration Form.
Event Website: http://www.greenpowerconferences.com/windportugal